No-Churn Spiced Cashew Ice-cream
4-6 | people
Easy | 4 hours freezing time
This recipe for Christmas spiced, creamy cashew ice-cream is the perfect compliment to all your Christmas puddings or delicious served solo with a generous drizzle of maple syrup and a dusting of cinnamon.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
200g organic raw whole cashews nuts 🌱
1 x 400ml can coconut cream*
100g organic maple syrup plus extra for serving 🌱
1 vanilla pod, deseeded 🌱
1 tsp ground cinnamon 🌱
½ tsp mixed spice 🌱
Pinch ground nutmeg 🌱
Pinch fine Himalayan sea salt 🌱
*Tip: when purchasing a can of coconut cream for this recipe, you are looking for one that sounds solid when gently shaken. If they all sound liquidy, place in the fridge the night before you make the recipe.
- Place the cashew nuts in a bowl and fully submerge in hot water. Allow the cashews to soak in the water for 8 - 12hrs.
- Drain the cashews well and transfer to a blender.
- Open the can of coconut cream and remove 200 - 250g of the solid cream that has settled at the top (you can save the liquid to make curries and soups), place in the blender with the cashews.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla seeds, cinnamon, mixed spice, nutmeg and salt to the blender and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Lightly grease a loaf tin and pour the ice-cream mixture into the tin.
- Place the ice-cream in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Take the ice-cream out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
- Serve with a dusting of cinnamon, a drizzle of maple syrup and Christmas chocolate stars.