Argan Oil Guide
We are excited to add Argan Oil as part of our new personal care range. It seems that there is no limit to what Argan Oil can do, so we thought it would be handy to share some of the popular uses for Argan oil so you too can incorporate it into your daily routine.
WHAT IS ARGAN OIL?
Derived from the Argan tree native to Morocco, Argan oil is a natural plant oil derived from the Argan tree, native to Morocco.
Rich in essential nutrients, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds Argan Oil is suitable for all skin types. And due to its mid weight formula it is not too heavy on the skin and is easily absorbed.
HOW DOES ARGAN OIL WORK?
Argan Oil can be applied directly onto skin and hair for amazing benefits.
Many of the benefits of Argan Oil are due to the high fatty acid content, mainly from Oleic (apporx 1/3rd) and Linoleic Acid (approx. 1/2). Oleic Acid, which can be found familiar natural household products such as olive oil and avocado, is known for its positive health benefits.
HOW DO I USE ARGAN OIL?
- To Maintain Healthy Skin:Fatty acids in the oil can improve the moisture content of skin helping hydrate dry, tired skin. This can also improve the skin’s elasticity helping the anti-ageing process.
- To Reduce Skin Scaring: Argan is high in Vitamin E making it a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that can help prevent and reduce stretch marks and scarring on the skin.
- Acne and Breakouts: Argan Oil can also be used to help acne and breakouts again due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capacities. It does this by reducing the redness and irritation that acne can cause skin.
- Hair and Scalp Treatments: Argan Oil is an amazing treatment for both your hair and scalp. The high amounts of Vitamin E in the oil is said to help you grow strong and healthy hair. This is because the anti-oxidants found in the Vitamin E can boost cells and encourage more hair growth. Great for taming frizz and fly-away hairs but also nourishing split ends and building stronger, healthier hair.
- Moisturise the Scalp: The fatty acids in Argan Oil can also help to moisturise your scalp, helping to defeat dandruff and itchy dryness in that area.