Baked Apple and Apricot Oatmeal
5 | serves
Easy | 25 minutes
There's nothing like warm oatmeal on a cool day to keep you cozy! Enjoy a delicious bowl of this baked apple and apricot oatmeal, packed full of tasty fruits and crunchy pecans, it's the ultimate comfort food when you are craving something a little bit sweet.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
1 cup oats 🌱
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds 🌱
2 tablespoons of flaked almonds 🌱
2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut 🌱
1 teaspoon of baking powder 🌱
¼ teaspoon of cinnamon 🌱
¼ teaspoon of clove powder
A pinch of salt 🌱
1 egg or flax egg (1 teaspoon of flax meal mixed with 1 tablespoon of water)
¾ cup of almond or oat milk (or dairy if you choose) 🌱
1 tablespoon of coconut nectar
1 tablespoon of coconut oil 🌱
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 apple sliced thinly
2 tablespoons of dried apricots sliced thinly 🌱
1 tablespoon of pecans crushed lightly 🌱
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, seeds, almonds, coconut, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In another bowl mix together the egg or flax egg, milk, coconut nectar, coconut oil and vanilla.
- In a small baking loaf tin, line the bottom with half of the sliced apples.
- Top with the dry mixture, then pour the wet mixture evenly over the top.
- Scatter the dried apricots and pecans on top and the remaining apple slices.
- This can be enjoyed as a lovely breakfast or dessert!