Pecan Hemp Brownie With Almond Butter Topping
5 | brownies
Easy | 59 minutes
This heavenly brownie is the ideal treat for chocolate and nut lovers alike! The fudgy chocolate base is made with hemp seeds for a tasty twist, then topped with a decadent layer of almond butter frosting and topped with crunchy pecans - you won't be able to resist...
🌱 = Get It From The Source
1 1/2 cup organic pecans 🌱
2 cups soft medjool dates, pitted 🌱
1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds 🌱
2 Tbsp mesquite powder (optional)
1/2 tsp salt 🌱
2/3 cup raw cacao powder 🌱
1/2 cup coconut flour 🌱
Almond butter frosting:
1/2 cup almond butter (roasted or raw) 🌱
2 Tbsp coconut oil 🌱
2 Tbsp coconut cream
Pinch salt 🌱
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- Process the pecans into small crumbs in a food processor. Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Add in the dates and process until the mixture forms a slightly sticky consistency between your fingers.
- Press your brownie into your chosen cake tine (we use a 15cm square tin) and set aside while you make the frosting.
- Melt the coconut oil over a hot water bath and set aside to cool.
- After 5 minutes, add the coconut oil and the remaining frosting ingredients to a high speed blender, blending on high until very smooth.
- Pour your frosting onto your brownie, then set in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Once your brownie has set, take it out and cut up into the desired size. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge.
- If stored in the freezer allow to defrost for 5 mins. You can eat it straight away, or allow to warm further (which I recommend as it becomes way more gooey and chewy).