Chickpea & Cashew Curry With Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
4 | People
Easy | 35
This delicious plant-based Vegan curry is super easy to make, a healthy and hearty meal that can be made in just 35 minutes. Hello weeknight stay-ins!
Top tip: Soak the cashews overnight for the cashew cream for a creamier, more nutritious mix.
🌱 = Get it from The Source
150g organic cashews, soaked overnight 🌱
200g organic red lentils, rinsed 🌱
250g organic chickpeas, cooked 🌱
3 large garlic cloves, grated
5cm ginger, grated
1 tbsp brown mustard seeds 🌱
1 tbsp mild curry powder 🌱
2 tsp hot curry powder 🌱
2 tbsp organic coconut oil 🌱
250g organic basmati rice 🌱
Pinch of salt 🌱
30g organic raw cashews 🌱
40g organic pumpkin seeds 🌱
1/2 tsp mild curry powder 🌱
Pinch of salt 🌱
- In a blender, add the soaked cashews and 100ml of cold water and blend on full speed until you have a smooth cream – add another splash of water if required. Set aside.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan and fry the mustard seeds on medium heat for 30 seconds before adding the ginger and garlic puree. Cook for a minute without burning, then add the lentils. Pour over 800 ml of boiling water then leave to simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- To make the toppings, mix the raw cashews and pumpkin seeds with a drop of oil, curry powder and a pinch of salt, and toast in a 180 degrees preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cook the rice by adding 600ml of boiling water to a pan together with the rice. Boil for 7 minutes then turn the heat off and leave to steam with the lid on.
- After 15 minutes of simmering the lentils, add the chickpeas to the pan and cook for another 7-10 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. When the lentils are cooked through completely, turn the heat off and stir in the cashew cream. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve the curry with rice and sprinkle some of the cashew and pumpkin seeds on top, coriander leaves and extra lime wedges.