Snickers And Tiramisu Buckwheat Pancakes
2-3 | serves
Intermediate | 15 minutes
Pancakes with a twist! Try this recipe for snickers and tiramisu buckwheat pancakes - it will delight chocolate and caramel lovers alike.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
1/4 cup buckwheat flour (or you can use ground organic raw buckwheat) 🌱
1/4 cup peanuts (ground to a flour) 🌱
1 tbsp organic mesquite powder (or maca powder) 🌱
1 tsp baking powder 🌱
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt 🌱
2 organic eggs, separated (or vegan egg replacement)
2 1/2 tbsp peanut butter 🌱
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp cacao powder 🌱
2 tbsp peanut butter 🌱
2 tsp coconut nectar
Boiling water, add according to desired consistency
Recipe developed by Hannah Singleton @healthsynergy and Sophie Fisher @coconutandbliss
- Combine all dry pancake ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place egg yolks, peanut butter, banana and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until firm peaks form and gently fold into the mixture.
- Place the coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow it to melt over low-medium heat.
- Add a small amount of the pancake mixture and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form).
- Flip and allow the other side to cook for another minute or so. Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- To make the chocolate sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Serve the pancakes with chocolate sauce and peanuts (optional).