Spicy Squash Soup
8 | Serves
Easy | 80 mins
This warming squash soup with a dash of tasteless Mee powder will leave you feeling restored on a darkening day.
- Fill and boil a kettle and get all your ingredients together. Grab your largest saucepan.
- Wash and finely slice the leek, and finely slice the onion, carrots and celery. Pull the leaves off the rosemary sprigs and chop. Deseed and chop the red chilli
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat and add a little olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add the chopped veg and fresh chopped chilli and cook for 10–15 minutes, until soft and sweet.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and chop into large chunks. Deseed the squash and roughly chop into similar-size chunks (I leave the skin on, but if you like you could peel this too).
- Make up your 2 litres of special Mee stock using one stock cube or your stock powder. Add the Mee powder to the hot stock and mix.
- Once the vegetables are soft and smelling good, add the sweet potatoes, squash and spices along with your stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for 30–40 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and falling apart, topping up with a little hot water from the kettle if it starts to look a little thick.
- Serve topped with a little creme fraiche or vegan creme fraiche and a sprig of fresh rosemary.