Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes
1 | person
Easy | 10 minutes
There's nothing that brings more toasty delight than pumpkin spice and in just 15 minutes, these vegan friendly pancakes will turn any ordinary breakfast into extraordinary.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
300 gr/ 1 1/2 cups of oat milk or other plant milk of choice 🌱
2 tsp of apple cider vinegar 🌱
180 gr of buckwheat or oat/plain wheat flour 🌱
2-3 tbsp of coconut sugar 🌱
2 tsp of baking powder 🌱
pinch of salt 🌱
3/4 tsp to 1 tsp of pumpkin spice mix 🌱
140 gr of pumpkin puree or applesauce
1 tsp of vanilla extract
- In a bowl, stir together the milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Make your pumpkin spice blend by mixing together 4 tsp of ground cinnamon, 2 tsp of ground ginger, 1 tsp of ground cloves or allspice mix, and 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Next, stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract to the milk and vinegar bowl whisking until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl mixing until the batter is completely smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and pour a spoonful of the batter using enough mixture to reach the pancake size you like. This recipe made around 10 medium pancakes using 4 tbsp of batter each.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until small bubbles appear on the surface so you’ll know they’re ready to flip.
- Continue until you use up the whole batter.
- Serve the pancakes with a spoonful of coconut yogurt mixed a heaped tsp of vanilla plant based protein and a drizzle of caramel tahini sauce.
- To make the sauce, mix 3 tbsp of tahini, 1 tsp of carob powder, 1 tsp of maple syrup and 1 to 2 tbsp of oat milk. Star with one and add more if needed.
- You can make the pancakes ahead and freeze them placing a piece of parchment paper in between them. When ready to have, toast them from frozen and enjoy.
This recipe was developed by trained chef and plant-based nutrition specialist, Alessandra - @sweetnutrition_byale