Vegan Rainbow Choc Chip Cookies
14-16 | cookies
Easy | 15 minutes
Fill up the cookie jar with these colourful and can’t-stop-at-one Rainbow Choc Chip Cookies. Vegan, dairy-free and a fun one to make with the whole family.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
130 gr of oats, blended into flour 🌱
100 gr of coconut/cane sugar 🌱
1 tsp of baking powder 🌱
a pinch of salt 🌱
1 tbsp of maca powder (optional) 🌱
60 gr of chocolate chips 🌱
30 gr of coconut oil, soft but not melted 🌱
2 tsp of vanilla extract
50 ml of oat milk or other plant milk of choice 🌱
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and maca.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- With the spoon, dollop in the coconut oil, then mix to combine.
- Next, pour in the milk and vanilla extract. Mix with your hands until the dough sticks together.
- Scoop out a couple of tbsp of dough at a time, roll into a ball and place on your baking sheet.
- Slightly press down each cookie with the palm of your hand.
- Leave some space between cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- The cookies will still be soft when coming out of the oven and harden up as they cool.
- If you’d like a crunchier cookie, bake the cookies for longer.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea, hot chocolate or ice cream. Best part with this recipe..you can eat as much of the cookie dough as you like :)
- Store the cookies in an airtight container. You could also make the dough ahead of time and store the individual cookie dough balls in the freezer. Let them defrost and bake. You may need to leave them for slightly longer.
This recipe was developed by trained chef and plant-based nutrition specialist, Alessandra - @sweetnutrition_byale