Hazelnut Butter Fudgy Brownies
9 | slices
Easy | 35 minutes
The ultimate treat, these vegan brownies are full of fudgy chocolate and nut butter goodness, and dairy free! Perfect to bring to any party as afternoon tea or dessert.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
60 gr of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate 🌱
190 gr of hazelnut butter (or other nut butter of choice, choose a runny one) 🌱
170 gr of pumpkin puree or applesauce
110 gr of maple syrup 🌱
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
50 gr of cacao powder 🌱
25 gr of flour (oat/buckwheat or plain wheat flour) 🌱
1/2 tsp of baking powder 🌱
1/4 tsp of salt 🌱
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a 7x7” square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Start by melting the chocolate in the microwave at the lowest setting, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, mix the nut butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the cacao powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the wet ingredients bowl mixing until well incorporated.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and mix again.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, spreading the batter evenly.
- Top with chopped chocolate, chocolate chips or chopped nuts. These are topped with a mix of coffee chocolate and chocolate covered hazelnuts.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing.
- Even better, make the brownies in the evening and let them to set in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy by themselves, with some custard cream or ice cream.
This recipe was developed by trained chef and plant-based nutrition specialist, Alessandra - @sweetnutrition_byale