Vegan Sunflower Mince & Butter Bean Burger
6 | patties
Easy | 45 minutes
These sunflower seed and butter bean burgers are jam-packed with omegas, protein and, of course flavour!
Quick and easy to whip up, they are the perfect weeknight meal or a tasty plant-based option for summer BBQ's.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
150g organic sunflower seeds 🌱
1 tbsp brown organic linseed 🌱
1 tsp onion powder 🌱
1 tsp garlic powder 🌱
240g butter beans, cooked (see our guide on cooking & soaking beans here) 🌱
1 tsp fine himalayan salt 🌱
1 tsp ground cumin 🌱
1/2 tsp coarse atlantic sea salt 🌱
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes 🌱
60g or 1/4 cup hulled tahini 🌱
1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar 🌱
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, for baking 🌱
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Transfer the sunflower seeds and linseed's to a food processor and pulse until the sunflower seeds are roughly chopped and resemble coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the burgers, except for the olive oil, and pulse again. Once the mixture is well combined and holds together easily it's ready.
- Divide the burger mixture into six equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Transfer the patties to the baking tray and drizzle them with oil. Bake the patties for 30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- Serve with your choice of bun, salad and sauces.