Walnut & Cacao Nib Bliss Balls
6 | balls
If you are after a yummy and healthy snack then these bliss balls are fantastic! They contain cacao which will give you loads of energy and they are also high in protein. Packed full of walnuts, dates and cacao nibs these bliss balls hit the spot. You can also add goji berries and other superfoods and roll them in coconut for an added twist!
🌱 = Get It From The Source
85g raw cacao nibs 🌱
250g fresh dates, deseeded (eg. Medjool dates) 🌱
1/4 tsp fine sea salt 🌱
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
230g fresh walnuts (If you don't have walnuts you can use any other nuts instead like cashews, pecans, hazelnuts or a mixture of all.) 🌱
For extra crunch:
Handful or two of walnuts 🌱
Handful of raw cacao nibs 🌱
This is one of Jo Whitton's recipes from Quirky Cooking.
- Grind up raw cacao nibs in Thermomix on speed 9 for 15-20 seconds, or until fine.
- Add dates, sea salt, vanilla extract and grind on speed 8 for 5 seconds, until dates are chopped up.
- Add walnuts and grind on speed 9 for about 1 minute, or until mixture comes together and is smooth. You could also use pecans if you'd rather.
- If you like these smooth, go ahead and roll them into balls. If you like them with a bit of 'crunch', add the extra walnuts and raw cacao nibs and mix on speed 5 for a few seconds, until roughly chopped.
- Roll into balls and keep in the fridge.